Episode 164 | Inspire the magic | Kay Bretz
You know this podcast is all about leadership and development. But if you’ve been listening for a while you may have picked up that I’m a bit of a sports fan. My amazing guest this week, Kay Bretz combines both of those two things brilliantly.
Kay is an amazing guy. He’s a super-human runner and he’s an incredibly successful professional. He’s also a writer. His new book is titled Turning Right: Inspire the Magic. And as you’re about to hear he’s super articulate, kind and thoughtful.
The concept Kay explores in his book is so important. People are either motivated to succeed, or motivated to avoid failure. That is a bid difference. And it was a real lightbulb moment for me.
“There are so many things in the world we can’t control, but we can choose our attitude and mindset.”
– from the forward by Dion Leonard
Kay’s 5 tips:
- Become more present. Meditation can really help with that.
- Notice when you’re being judgmental and eliminate it from your life. You can’t turn right when you think you know it all.
- If it’s scary, you’re probably on the right path.
- Just do it. Take the first step. Get started
- Don’t settle for who you think you are
Kay’s 3 acts
- Focus on the possibilities that open when you take fate into your own hands and change your trajectory. (My journey was no longer guilt on a yearning for greatness, it was the start of an expedition to explore the magic)
- What does it take to unleash the magic within you and reach new heights
- How do we make the magic accessible in the whole of our life?